This post is for the beginners who, like me – are just getting started in the beautiful world of ‘chakras’. In this post, I will briefly explain what the seven chakras are.
Base or Root Chakra (1st)
- Located near the base of the spine.
- Is our foundation of our vitality, which all energy flows from towards the crown chakra.
- Centre of our basic survival instincts.
- Holds our connectedness to the Earth.
Sacral Chakra (2nd)
- Located in the reproductive area.
- Connects to our creativity, emotions and sexuality.
- Relates to the unconscious mind.
Solar Plexus Chakra (3rd)
- Located in the solar plexus; under the breast bones.
- Place of immense vitality.
- Connects to the love and support we give ourselves and others.
- Centre of personal power, ego, will and achievement.
- Supports our commitment to life.
Heart Chakra (4th)
- Located in the region of the heart.
- Connects to our pure emotional self.
- Encompasses our transpersonal heart, opening us to unconditional love, forgiveness, compassion and understanding.
Throat Chakra (5th)
- Located in the throat region.
- Connects to our communication, purification and growth centres.
- Ensures we speak our truth and are heard.
- Allows us to understand the body’s signals.
Third Eye Chakra (6th)
- Located in the middle of the eyebrows.
- Sees beyond physical and intellectual knowing, connecting to our cosmic insight.
- Home of our intuition and inspiration.
Crown Chakra (7th)
- Located at the top of our head.
- Connects to our higher consciousness.
Thank you for reading and I hope that this post helped you out.
Follow me on Instagram here!