Here is a totally guilt free, delicious berry treat…
After trying my friends raw slice I was set on recreating it at my place, and whilst it doesn’t take too long to make be prepared for a few hours of waiting for the layers to harden, but don’t be put off… this slice is the bomb and doesn’t include any funky ingredients! There are heaps of recipes out there but this one is inspired by Jess Bunty, I love it because it’s easy, simple and oh so good.
Raw Vegan Raspberry Slice
- 2 cups nuts (any will do – cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (rice malt syrup, maple syrup)
- 3 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen works)
- 2/3 cup soaked cashews
- Chia egg (1 teaspoon chia & 5 teaspoons water)
- Block of chocolate
- 1/4 cup cacao or carob powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (use refined if you don’t want it to taste like coconut)
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (*as above)
- Blend the nuts, dates and liquid sweetener to form a mixture that sticks together when pressed. Add small amounts of water or sweetener if the mixture is too dry. Let it set in the fridge.
- Blend the cashews into a paste. Separately, blend the raspberries, adding a small amount of water if needed. Finally, blend the two components together to form the filling. Pour on top of the base layer and let it set in the freezer for a few hours.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate block, adding in the cacao, coconut oil and sweetener gradually. Add more coconut if the mixture is too thick. Pour over the filling, adding any toppings such as nuts at this point. Place in the freezer until set.
Let me know what your favourite vegan dessert is!
Follow me on Instagram here for more posts regarding veganism, positive living, minimalism and reducing waste!