This is a delicious, healthy, easy and vegan recipe for kidney bean brownies inspired by the recipe from Brooklyn Farm Girl which can be found here.
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or PB2
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup any sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Blend all ingredients together using a food processor or blender.
- Place in a tray lined with baking powder for 20-25 minutes in the oven at approx. 180 degrees (*just ensure that if you poke it the skewer comes out clean).
- Let it cool until its warm then ice or leave plain.
*I also made a quick glaze for my brownies, which was just vegan butter, sugar, soy milk, cocoa and vanilla essence – I eyeballed all the ingredients.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and feel free to experiment with different amounts of ingredients, you can’t really go wrong.
Follow me on Instagram here!