I personally believe that the only belongings people should have are the ones that are completely necessary for them in their life such as toiletries, cooking utensils, school supplies etc or ones that bring them immense joy and happiness.
Whilst I do still live at home and don’t have control of the belongings of the rest of my family, I do have the power to minimalize my ‘stuff’ and only have the things I truly love.
This post is for the objects that bring me joy and happiness.
- Plants – What is there not to love about plants? Plants bring joy, they cleanse our air and bring nature indoors. There is something beautiful about plants that we will never truly understand.
- Incense – There is certainly something calm and spiritual about the experience of burning incense. As the burning scented smoke twirls through the air how can you not be mesmerized?
- Candles – I love candles, their swift flickers and sparks as its bright orange flame fills the room, a delicate waxy scent in the air.
- Diffuser – As you have probably already realised, I am an avid scent lover – and of those scents that are ‘natural’ and can be smelt in our natural world are my favourites. Enter one of my favourite possessions, my diffuser. It releases a very light mist of essential oil into the air and dependent on the particular essential oils used, it the can make you feel any emotion along with many health benefits (future post idea perhaps?).
- Magazines & Books- Peppermint and Frankie are my favourite magazines, they inspire me and are filled with beautiful images. And books? They are just brilliant.
- Inspiration Board – As you can see, my corkboard is filled with a assortment of things I find inspiring, beautiful or plain awesome; which so happens to be cats, birds, groovy sunnies and paintings amongst many other things. An inspiration corkboard is for whatever inspires you, a collection of amazing things that make you, and only you – inspired.
- Unique pieces of furniture – I think there is no need for excessive amounts of furniture and decorations, I love pieces that make you feel a certain way every time you see them, adding to your mental wellbeing. For me, this is my retro 70s dresser, I honestly don’t think I will ever part with it. Another favourite is the retro style clock that has travelled from house to house with us, a statement piece that is totally groovy.
There you have it. A collection of objects that I love.
Also here’s a picture of my dog because I think it’s pretty cute.
More posts to come,